I am plum tuckered from the holidays. Thanksgiving to New Year's is a long ride, fun but exhausting. As it comes to a close, it's natural to reflect and plan for the next year ahead.
Instead of calling them resolutions, I call these plans goals instead. It helps me to take them more seriously--but everybody has their little hacks they use that help.
A few of mine for 2019?
- Eat reasonable portions, exercise consistently, and feel better about my health (maybe look into starting a martial art?).
- Write three more books and publish at least two of them (continuing Exiles of Eire and the Mystery Series in the progress bar).
- Make my Japanese speaking/reading/writing skills "conversational" (right now I'm at the stage of "knowing enough to be dangerous" and I want to be guaranteed lethal come 2020).
- Be more social and present, both online and in person (go out dancing, post more fun things on social media, etc).
- Significantly reduce my TBR pile (...at least make a dent in it).
Happy New Year everybody! Do you have a little list of goals you make? Have you been kicking butt all year and plan on doing it into 2019? I'd love to hear about it in the comments!
Brie Tart writes fantasies in which she draws the mythical from the mundane. She spends the rest of her time dabbling in languages and prepping for her next adventure.